7/08/2017
Copied
Oh how I wish this film churned out
more in terms of a proper dialogue
and a storyline.
One thing popped in my mind
when I finished watching the film.
Predictable
Yes, all films are predictable,
but the arcs in a story and its subplots
and the general artistic direction
should hook its audience.
Maybe I am burned out watching CG-heavy
films because I always liked action and
science fiction productions.
I am an escapist after all.
I loved Luc Besson's The Fifth element
I do not know what happened to this Valerian film
but it felt incomplete.
I felt like the main characters could have
been siblings instead of lovers as they looked so much alike.
On screen chemistry was a mere sparkler
instead of a firework.
I loved the alien characters more
than the protagonists.
Ugh, I just want to love the film
and not nit pick but I cannot.
On a side note,
I watched the film alone
10:30 am 3D screening
and I had the cinema all to myself,
I was the lone viewer.

No comments:
Post a Comment